Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Beginnings

Happy 2013!! I swear I blinked and it is here....I hardly ever do resolutions, but I really want to challenge myself to write down some to hold myself accountable & to have a place to come back and see how I am doing through out the year. So...here we go:

1. To grow in my relationship with the Lord (not cliche talk, but real growth). By taking every means possible with my schedule, spare time, seeking out fellowship with other believers, bible studies, etc. I made this my number 1, because if this is my first priority all the others will fall happily in place & bring Him glory.

2. To grow in my marriage & mothering (Oh, how I fail miserably sometimes at both of these...) Thankful for the Lord's grace & his constant mercy towards me in these areas.

3. To grow back my love for blogging (I WILL post no matter if I just folded laundry that day...I just can't believe this whole year past by & I hardly documented any of it... :-/)

4. Finish EVERY project that I have ever started and left unfinished...(This may take the whole year! ha!) There are painting projects, sewing projects, house projects, etc....Hey! There are some posts to blog about! ;-)

5. To be better with taking pictures of my babies and actually print them, frame them & enjoy them in my home....I am SO bad about this....

6. To be a better friend & encourager to those around me. I feel like I have been in a slump this year & really want to grow in time with my friends & grow in relationships with new ones! It could be writing notes to encourage, sending a random text or call to see how they are, or actual dinner or coffee and spend time together. I need to get out of my bubble and cherish the people I have in my life.

7. To sew for MYSELF! :-)

8. Of course, I'm going to throw healthy eating & working out in there too, because I have been a crazy eating person the last few months & also, how could you have a resolution list without this on there? ;-)

Well I could probably write a book, but those are a few that I really want to grow and change in for 2013! It will be a great year & I'm looking forward to it!

It is such a good thing to sit down and reflect on how you want to grow or change in the new year. Do you have any resolutions or things you want to work on in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley