Monday, April 11, 2011

Sewing for Baby Abram

I learned how to sew about 9 months or so before I had Fritter, so I was very much a beginner and intimidated by every project out there I saw, but over the years I have gain a little more experience & love to try new things, so I have been so excited to sew up some sweet things for my baby boy!

I found this tutorial at This Mama Makes Stuff blog on how to take a t-shirt & turn it into a comfy baby gown. Since I didn't have an old t-shirt that was appealing to me, I just bought some cute baby boy cotton jersey knit at Joann's & played around. I'm really excited with how it came out!

Here's a picture of all of my pattern pieces cut out and....


here's the finished product! :-)
It's hard to tell, but it is a light green with little monkeys & polka dots on it.

I can't wait to make some more for him!

I also plan to make a few more swaddling blankets, a nursing cover, and I'm sure some bibs & burp cloths too! Sewing for boys is very different than for girls, but I am having fun finding new projects. If you know of any fun boy sewing projects, I'd love to know! :-)

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Abram's going to be so cute in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I want some...are you putting them on your etsy site?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley