Monday, June 7, 2010

Initial Platter

I found this old, ugly platter a few months ago at a garage sale for $1 and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!

I knew I'd be decorating Fritter's "big" girl room when we moved in our new house, so I wanted to make an initial platter to hang over her bed!

So I sprayed painted it a fun pink color:

and it came out like this:

So much better! :-)

Then I wrote out a big "A" out on a sheet of paper, then set carbon paper underneath it & traced it onto the platter.

Then you have a great stencil to paint on.
Then I got a matching turquoise craft paint & painted it on with a small paintbrush.
And you have this:

I then added some matching fabric scraps to make a hanger and tied it with a bow & hot glued it to the back! I love it over her bed & think it goes perfectly!


So for about $2-3 I made a super fun intial platter to hang over her bed! :-)

More pics of her room makeover coming soon!

I'm linking up!








BWS tips button

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Cute idea Stacey! You are so creative! I need to start going garage selling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great! Creative, Pretty and oh so simple!! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, i love Anna's bedding. It's beautiful. Can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great transformation, I love the pink and turquoise together! I love using carbon paper, it makes it so easy to personalize stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I'm sure your little Fritter must love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great! I love anything with initals on it! (I also love cheap garage sale finds!)

    I'm stopping by from Sew Much Ado. Have a great week!

    Sam
    Mom.Undecided.
    http://momundecided.blogspot.com/

    Come check out my WW Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was the perfect shape, the perfect size, and you turned it into the perfect adornment for her room. Love it..Thank you for linking this "bragable" to the Boardwalk Bragfest.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley