Friday, December 4, 2009

Stressing!

Well first off, Thanks for the anniversary wishes & The Blind Side movie was the best! I loved it and it was such a humbling & wonderful story! I had tears run down my face many times during the movie! Definitely one I would like to see again & would love to own! 


Ok..so next Saturday, I'm in my first ever craft fair! A local elementary school is hosting a holiday market & I entered a booth. I'm super excited, but also stressing! I made this real detailed schedule of what I would get done on each day and here it is a week before and that list is hardly accomplished!! AHH! Another stress is that I'm not sure how much to take. I want to take a lot so, I'm trying to work hard to get a lot made & a variety of things made....I can do this, I can do this, I can do this! LOL

My mother in law helped so much today though by watching Anna from like 8:30-3 for me & I was able to come back home and just sew! I enjoyed it so much, although it was a little weird for me not to have little Fritter whining at my ankles! LOL My other mother-in-law offered to watch her for me for a few days next week too, so I'm hoping I can get it all accomplished! :) 

Have any of you ever been in a craft fair? Any words of advice for this newbie?? 

P.S. Only a few days left to enter to win a cute crayon creativity wallet in the Ducks In A Row Giveaway! :)

4 comments:

  1. I've done many of these fairs. My advice is know how you are going to set up your booth before you get there. Take your lunch or have someone there to watch your booth for a break and have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What craft fair are you doing? I've never done one either & I'm would love to start small....doing one at an elementary school seems like a good place to start. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you were probably down some customers from the rain - the only advice I would give is to add height to your set-up. When you're doing multiple tables, add bed risers under the feet of one or two to help create a separate display, try wooden dishracks, clementine boxes or similar to add height and interest to individual displays and consider using a full-length table cover. Queen or King size flat sheets will do in a pinch - you can just safety pin the excess on the sides and it gives you both a professional look and a place to stash your purse, cash box, etc out of site.
    On the whole I thought your presentation was lovely and well-organized, you could tell what was what, there wasn't too much product in a jumbled pile!
    Congrats on taking the leap to your first show!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley