Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

When I think about Fall, one of the first things that pops in my mind is my Granny's Pumpkin Bread. Every year that we would go Little Rock for Thanksgiving she would have a fresh loaf baked and then another loaf wrapped up real tight in foil for us to take home. We loved it so growing up. I unfortunately don't have her recipe for it yet, and I hope to get it soon when we start to go through my grandmother's recipe books. I did last year, however, find a recipe for Pumpkin Bread that tasted wonderful and wanted to share!! :)


Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients:
3 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
3 large Eggs
1- 16oz can of Pumpkin
3 cups of Flour
1 tsp. Ground Cloves
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Cup of Walnuts or Raisins (optional)

Make it:
-Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans.
-Beat sugar, oil, and pumpkin in large bowl to blend.
-Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, & baking powder into another large bowl.
-Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts or raisins, if desired.
-Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
-Bake until tester inserted into middle comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 mins.
-Use sharp knife, cut around edges of loaves. Turn loaves out onto cooling racks and let cool completely.

Voila! Now go light your pumpkin candle, get that oven hot, & enjoy some yummy pumpkin bread! :)

Have a great Fall day!

~Stacy


1 comment:

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley