Friday, October 23, 2009

God's Response

So yesterday I wrote about how tired I was after taking care of a sick baby and before I went to bed last night I read a little bit of the book, Womanly Dominion, by Mark Chanski and the author gave me some great encouragement from the Lord in one small passage in the book. I just had to share!
"But what is it that keeps a dedicated mother running day and night, year after year, even decade after decade? Inspirational historical models may provide a temporary enthusiasm, but a mother of dominion needs something more. Otherwise, the grueling day and night demands of crying infants, filthy bottoms, vomit-soaked blankets, strong-willed naughtiness, physical exhaustion, heart-rendering grief, dull routine, deferred gratification, lack of recognition, cultural criticism, and person disillusionment will bring the work of her hands (Proverbs 3:13, 19,20,31) to a grinding halt.

There she sits exhausted on the edge of the bed, her face in her hands, wondering, "Where's the glory in all this?"

She needs something more empowering to keep her going.

She needs to gain and maintain the deep conviction of the glory, honor, and nobility of selfless service. This she fnd at the foot of the cross, looking up to One who earned for Himself "the name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:9), by "emptying Himself, taking the form of a bond servant" (2:7), humbling "Himself by becoming obedient to the pint of death, even death on a cross" (2:8). There she beholds her Savior who mopped up the damning vomit of her own sin with the precious sponge of His perfect life and atoning death. The love of Christ constrains and compels her to press on (2 Corinthians 5: 14). The Spirit of Christ empowers her."

The Lord knew exactly what I needed to hear last night and as I laid my head down to go to sleep I felt encouraged and I hope this encourage you to today!

Have a great weekend! GEAUX TIGERS! :)

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for this giveaway below! I'll tell the winner on Monday! :)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we can get what we need when we need it if we have faith and open our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley