Friday, October 16, 2009

Food for Friends

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." ~2 Corinthians 9:7

This was the memory verse for my church's Sunday School a few weeks ago and it is really one of my favorite verses I like to think about and try to keep in the forefront of my mind. I want to be not only a giver, but a cheerful giver!
I have had 2 of my good friends have sweet babies within the last 2 weeks and I have been so blessed to serve them and take them dinners. I remember after having a c-section we had meals for almost 3 weeks from our loving church family and it was such a blessing! I think it is a great ministry to be apart of!

Tonight I made our friends Taco Soup and baked them a fun Halloween cake! I had never made Taco soup before but my sister sent me a great recipe that I want to share! So in my best Paula Deen voice (hehe!), here is the recipe for Taco Soup:

Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 onion -- chopped
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
1 can white or plain kidney beans -- (16 ounce)
1 can ranch style beans -- (16 ounce)
1 can corn -- (16 ounce)
1 can Rotel -- (16 ounce)
1 can diced tomatoes -- (16 ounce)

Brown meat with onion, drain excess fat, add all ingredients, simmer to blend flavors. If you like it soupy, add a can & a half of water.
Serve with Fritos and shredded cheddar cheese
YUMMY!!

I then made a Duncan Hines Halloween cake! I found this at Walmart today & thought it would be fun! Just follow the instructions on the box & you get 2 bowls of batter like this:
Then you put the orange in and then spoon the chocolate down the center and take a knife to give it a swirl:
Then ice & decorate!!
My friend named her baby girl Haven (so sweet), so I figured with some of the candy corn I bought today to put her initials on the cake..LOL..My first attempt at cake decorating. :)

So, if you have any friends that have recently had a baby, had surgery, lost a family member, etc. I encourage you to give of your time, money, and cooking skills to bless someone with a great dinner! :)

Well have a great evening & a great weekend!

~Stacy

P.S. Be sure to enter the Chalkydoodles giveaway below...Winner will be announced on Monday! :)

3 comments:

  1. cute!! i love the cake, good job!! and i love taco soup :) yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love taco soup at our house, too!

    Cute cake..and you know, I love the monogram!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley