Thursday, August 6, 2009

T is for Time

Today T is for Time
I have currently been reading (for awhile now..I'll pick it up, get too convicted & then put it back down! lol) the book Shopping For Time by Carolyn Mahaney & her daughters.
It is such a great book helping women manage their time in a biblical way. After every chapter, I feel challenged, yet encouraged by their practical ways to help my life glorify the Lord in the way I spend my time. I copied some reviews that are found on the back of the book to explain just how great this book is! I'm ready to get back into it and hopefully learn some more helpful tips! :)


Like most women today, I struggle with feelings of “too much to do and too little time to doit”! My friend Carolyn Mahaney, along with her daughters, offers practical, biblical advice to help us plan, evaluate, strategize, and make wise choices concerning our time and priorities. As a godly mentor, Carolyn takes us by the hand, points us to God’s Word, shares out of her own life experience, and shows us how to apply God’s timeless truths to the contemporary challenges we face as women.
—Nancy Leigh DeMoss, author; Revive Our Hearts--radio host


“We can actually do all that God has called us to do . . . and we can do it in a peaceful, joyful manner and get sufficient rest beside.” When I read that, a light flashed on in my soul. Of course! I knew that! Once again Carolyn, Nicole, Kristin, and Janelle have created a book that’s fun to read and filled with truth that resonates because it’s biblical and practical and manageable. And lest I start to feel overwhelmed, their husband and dad, C.J., inserts another comforting truth: “Only God gets his to-do list done each day.”
—Noel Piper, wife, mother, grandmother, and author of Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God


Shopping for Time offers a glimpse into the delightful Mahaney household. Through the effective use of a shopping metaphor, the conversational style engages the reader from start to finish. Quotes from carefully selected resources would make for excellent further
study. This book offers no simplistic solutions to the perils of superwoman syndrome. Instead, it deliberately leads women to the bedrock of biblical priorities and then suggests real life methods by which to apply them. The wise woman will redeem her time by prayerfully heeding the seasoned advice of Carolyn Mahaney, one of God’s choicest servants, and her amazing, godly daughters.
—Mary K. Mohler, wife of Dr. Albert Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

So if you're looking for a good book to read by the end of the summer, this is a quick and easy read and will help you in so many areas of your life! :)

Have a great night!

~Stacy

1 comment:

  1. I have heard wonderful things about this book! Thank you for reminding me how much I want to read it.

    I also wanted to take a second to stop by and let you know that I have changed my blog's URL. I know you're a follower :), and I wanted to make sure to let you know that if you want to continue to keep us with us, you'll need to come to my new spot (just go through my profile), and click "follow" again. Thank you - Blessings to you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley