Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend & Taco Bake

Whew! We had a busy weekend, but it was lots of fun! Friday night we went to visit our friends Jerry & Amanda and their little son Jonah ( a 4 month old cutie). We ate dinner & then after we put the kids down we watched The Dark Knight. (Kinda creepy, but it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time!) On Saturday we went to my in-laws for a fish fry and it was so yummy & we had a good time visiting with the whole family.

I have recently started trying to get back into cooking new dinners for my family at night. Lately we are so busy we just run and grab something or I just do meal in a box or grill chicken breasts. Well...I was ready for a change & my hubby wasn't going to stop me...LOL


I get those Kraft Food & Family magazines in the mail every season and they have some great recipes so I decided to make a week of some of the ones that drew my attention. If you want to sign up, head to Kraft Foods & click food&family tab & sign up for free! Last Thursday night I decided to make their Taco Bake and it was so yummy! Even the leftovers were scrumptious! :) It is so quick & easy that I had to share it with all my sweet bloggy friends!


TACO BAKE


What You Need:
1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa


Make It:
HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.
STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner; spoon 1/2 into 8-inch square baking dish. Top with layers of meat mixture, 1 cup cheese and remaining Dinner mixture; cover with foil.
BAKE 15 min.; top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.

**For extra crunch, prepare and bake as directed, topping with 1/2 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips along with the salsa and cheese.**

You can't go wrong with mac-n-cheese & taco meat! Yum! Let me know if you try it too! :)


Have a happy Monday!


~Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley