Thursday, June 4, 2009

Houston trip & Catching up....

Almost 2 weeks ago we went down to visit my sister, Lindsay and her husband Daniel in Houston, TX for the weekend and we had a blast! Anna did such a good job going down there and enjoyed getting her first Wacky pack from Sonic during the ride down...LOL...Friday we went to the Woodlands shopping area and it was so nice! We ate at the Cheesecake Factory & I had always heard great things about it and now I know why...It was sooo yummy!! That evening we went to the Astros/Rangers game and it was a blast! I had never been to a major league baseball game and it was so much fun! Anna loved it too! She just cheered, danced to the music, clapped, & ate a whole dog. LOL She is definitely a sports fan! The Astros ended up losing 6-5 in the 10th inning, but it was a great game to watch. They also had a fireworks show that night after the game and Anna wasn't too sure about them at first. After covering her ears and holding her still she loved staring at them...LOL

Hanging out in the dugout before the game! ;)

Excited about being at her first baseball game!! :)

Cheering & laughing with Daddy! :)
Sweet tired girl not too sure about the fireworks...

That Saturday we decided to go to the Houston NASA Space Center. It was fun, but probably would have been alot more fun if Anna was a little older. It was kinda difficult because you couldn't bring strollers with you on the tours so our little wiggly one year old kept wanting to get down...LOL..Let's just say we got our arm work out! We did see some neat shuttles, capsules, & rockets. If we had a 4 year old boy with us, he would have been going crazy...LOL...
Posing with Daddy by a space station model

Posing with the astronauts that landed on the moon! :)


Overall it was a great and fun trip & we can't wait to go back to visit again sometime this summer!

Things at home have been good. We are in the middle of a transition now because my husband got a new job! We are so thankful to the Lord for answering our prayers during this crunch time & my husband is excited too about learning new things in his new position. Tomorrow I actually have to take him to work bright and early so he can bring home his new work truck! Hopefully I don't scare everyone on the roads in the morning..hehe! Anna & I may stop by some garage sales they are having by our house...We had such a good one last weekend it makes me want to go see what fun things I can find! :)

Well, I'm off to bed for my early morning!

P.S. I have a prayer request...I found my friend Lindsey's blog the other day and we were in alot of Family & Child Studies classes & BCM stuff at LA Tech together . Well she just had a sweet baby girl on June 2 and she was flewn to Pennsylvania to have heart surgery in the morning. You can go to Lindsey's blog for more information on sweet Anniston. Thanks! :)

~Stacy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like ya'll had a fun trip. My sister lives in Houston too! And last night at the Astro's game my oldest nephew sang (with his school choir) the National Anthem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did the hubs get a new job? What's he doing? Glad he found something. And it looks like you guys had such a fun time in Houston.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley