Saturday, April 25, 2009

ArtBreak


We had a nice family day today and took Anna to ArtBreak for her first time. She had a blast! ArtBreak is a festival here in Shreveport that features artwork from local students in Caddo & Bossier parishes. They also have hands on activities and lots of differnent performances. This year is the 25th anniversary of the festival and Kenny Wayne Shepard who is a phenomenal guitarist came back to be the chairman this year. We actually were there to see his performance with children from Caddo & Bossier schools. It was so great to see the talent of such young musicians. Anna loved it..She danced, clapped, & jumped the whole time! :)


Before we left, we decided to walk around the hands-on activities and decided to try to let Anna do some painting on a paper plate. She cratered half way through (she was definitely in need of a nap) but we did get something good enough to hang on the fridge! I think I may have a little Picasso on my hands...LOL


Well what a fun day...I'm pooped now! I'm off to put on the PJ's and finish up on some sewing orders! Good night!


~Stacy

2 comments:

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley