Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Cooking

So like I said in my previous posts, we are starting a new Thanksgiving tradition at my mom's house this year. I'm excited because we all get to pitch in and bring something. I love to cook so this was right up my alley. I was requested to bring my Corn Casserole and I decided that I'm going to make something new and bring Buckeye Bars for dessert. Since there are only about 6 more days until Thanksgiving, I wanted to share my recipes with you!



Corn Casserole


Ingredients:

1/2 cup margarine
1 can kernal corn
1 can sweet cream corn
8 oz sour cream
2 eggs
1 pkg Jiffy corn bread
2 cups Shredded cheese (1 cup in, 1 cup on top)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and put into casserole dish. Cook on 350 for 45-50 mins.

Buckeye Bars

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
22 NILLA Wafers, crushed
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 of 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
3 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Directions:

LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Mix in wafer crumbs. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Press onto bottom of pan.
MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted; stir until blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.
REFRIGERATE 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve.

I got this recipe from KraftKitchens.com. They have so many great recipes! I can't wait to try to make them! Yum!

What are some of the recipes you are making for Thanksgiving?

3 comments:

  1. Those chocolate bars look divine! KLOVE radio station is having a contest where you submit recipes, and you can win prizes. You should submit!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl that Corn Casserole is my favorite! Even though we won't be together on Turkey Day I will make it and think of you. Especially since my in laws LOVE that recipe. You have converted the food snobs. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!!
    I love your Thanksgiving recipes! I'll have to try these. Thanks for sharing.
    I love your blog--I'll be checking back in with you if you don't mind. Your little sweetie is just precious! I love the pictures of her in the swing. She has such a bright, pretty smile! You will have fun with her this Christmas!!
    I see that you have an etsy store. I LOVE etsy. I'll have to check out all of your things! It looks like you are very talented!

    Thanks again for checking me out. Have a great weekend!!
    ~destiny

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Thanks for leaving me some comment love! <3

 

The Fancy Fritter | All rights reserved © 2012

I am a HowJoyful Design by Joy Kelley